Saturday, February 7, 2015

The unpredictable toddler

In my last post, I foolishly talked about how excited I was that Olivia didn't need a bottle anymore. Well, that hasn't been going quite the way I thought it would. She did so great drinking milk from her cup that whole day and the next morning but for some reason, she changed her mind about ditching the bottle. Every time I put the cup of milk in front of her, she pushes it away and gets mad. I've tried a few tricks to get her to drink it, most of them didn't work. When I pretended to drink it myself, she got slightly interested and drank some but next time I tried to do that, she wouldn't copy me. Then I put the milk in a regular cup and let her drink it with a straw, she drank all of it so I got excited again. I don't know why I get excited because she is so unpredictable.. like all toddlers, right? I hope I'm not alone in this! Anyway, that trick only works once in a while. It's so frustrating but I refuse to give her the bottle, I have to make this work. When she wouldn't drink any milk, I got her to drink water so I don't have to worry about her not getting enough fluids. I've also been giving her more cheese and yogurt to get enough calcium into her. If anyone has better suggestions, feel free to message me!



No comments:

Post a Comment