Thursday, March 20, 2014

Citrus Lane review - March 2014

Sorry for the back to back reviews but I got Olivia's Citrus Lane box today and I figured I might as well do it now while she's napping. Citrus Lane is like Bluum (see the last post), it's a monthly subscription box for babies/toddlers. So far Citrus Lane has been my favorite, I have loved every box (we got three so far). This box is for a 13 month old girl.

Everything that was in the box. (the stuffed chick was an add on)

Chronicle Books: You Are My Baby (Ocean) Book:
This is the cutest book I've ever seen. I love how it has a smaller separate (but still attached) book for the babies. This is so perfect for Olivia because it's not too long, she starts to gets antsy if I'm reading on one page for a long time and wants me to flip to the next page so she can see the pictures. It's also great because it's a board book, the pages are thick and sturdy, she will have a hard time destroying it. I can't wait to read this to her before bed tonight! Retails for: $8.99 (I found a lot of different prices for this book but I went with the one on their website).


Hape Eco Safari Peg Puzzle:
Last month I was complaining that Olivia only had one puzzle, now she has about eight. I saw some spoilers for other 13 month old boxes and they were getting push and pull toys so I thought we would get that but we got this puzzle. I really do like it though, it's cute. Olivia isn't too great at puzzles yet, she likes taking out the pieces but never puts them back on, we will have to work on that. Retails for: $6.99


Weleda Citrus Hydrating Body Lotion (6.8oz):
Ehhhh.. again, saw some spoilers and people were getting disinfecting wipes, was hoping for those. I don't mind getting this lotion but we have enough lotion now to last us for a year. This is a pretty big size too. Definitely would have gotten more use out of the wipes but this is fine, smells pretty good too. Retails for: $13.20


Me4Kidz Medibuddy:
I think these little first aid travel kits are adorable! We already have a first aid kit but I will keep this one in her diaper bag, perfect for travel. We got the penguin, I was hoping for the purple cat since she loves cats but this is pretty cute too. The penguin is just on the wrapper anyway, once it's open it will just be an orange case. It contains band aids, gauze, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment, stickers & a few other things.  Retails for: $5.15


Plum Organics: Stage 2 World Baby Pouch:
Not thrilled to get a food pouch, I try to make sure whatever she eats is high calorie. When I buy food pouches or purees, I always pick the highest calorie flavor. I never get anything under 80cal and this one is only 50cal. Citrus Lane has no idea that we are trying to get Liv to gain weight so it's not their fault. Maybe I will give this to her after a meal as a snack, I refuse to waste food.  Retails for: $1.69


North American Bear Co. - Chick:
This is an add on, it wasn't part of the box. A feature that I really love is their "add to box" feature. Boxes always have free shipping and Citrus Lane sends coupons all the time. I got a $10 off coupon and when using "add to box" the shipping is free. So you can pick an extra item (or a few) for your box. I got this chick because I figured it would be perfect for her Easter basket. I ended up only paying $4.99 for it, I'm a sucker for a deal.  Retails for: $14.99


The total value of this box is about $36 (not including the add on chick). I got a six month subscription and with coupons, I paid about $15 per month. So it's definitely worth it to me. Olivia was napping when I got the box so I don't have any pictures of her playing with anything but once she wakes up, I will see how she likes it! If you're interested in getting a Citrus Lane subscription for your child, you can use the code SPRING20 for $20 off your first box or you can use my referral link for 50% off your first box Melissa's CL referral. It's a subscription so make sure you cancel after your receive your boxes or you will be charged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment