Thursday, June 19, 2014

Citrus Lane review - June 2014

Olivia's Citrus Lane box came in the mail yesterday! Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box for babies/toddlers. You pay a certain price per month depending on how long you want to subscribe (it’s cheaper for the longer subscriptions). Every month you receive four to five items for your child and sometimes something for you as well. The boxes are age and gender appropriate (or you can pick neutral). This box is for a 16 month old girl.

Everything Olivia got in her June Citrus Lane box.
(Terrible lighting in all my pictures today, sorry!)

Bumkins wet bag - Minnie Mouse:
I already knew we were getting this because we got to pick the design. There were three different Minnie Mouse patterns to choose from and I liked this one the best. We got this at the perfect time because we are going to be at the beach and pool a lot this summer. This will be great for Liv's wet bathing suit and towels. It has a zipper and a snap with a handle to carry it. It's a pretty good size too. Retails for: $10.95


Hape little vehicle - mini van:
Ehhhh... okay. I don't love this. It's 10m+ but I don't think Liv will be interested in it, it just looks a bit young for her. I would have liked this around 10-12 months but not now. I will probably try to trade this or maybe gift it. Retails for: $9.99  (really?!)


Chronicle Books - Taro Gomi Hide & Seek book:
I will never complain about getting a book. I may save this for Christmas (I know, it's a long way off) but only because each page asks you to find the hidden object and right now she will have no idea. I think it will perfect when she is closer to two. If not, I will still read it to her. It's a cute book. Retails for: $6.29 


Episencial playful wash:
This smells amazing! It smells like fresh oranges. With that being said, I wasn't too excited to get it because we have tons of body wash and shampoo right now. I am still using the kind I got for my baby shower (two huge bottles). I tried this out today anyway and it seemed sort of watery when I poured it into my hand but it lathered up pretty well. Then when I rinsed Olivia's hair out, like I normally do.. she started crying. I don't know if it burned her eyes or some water got into her eyes but she was very upset. Her eyes didn't really look red so I'm not sure, I'll have to try it again. If she starts screaming next time I do it, I wont be using this anymore. Retails for: $6.50  

Plum Organics Stage 2 veggie pouch:
After seeing other spoilers, I really thought we would get the Plum Organics fruit bars. I was pretty confused as to why younger kids got them and we got a purée pouch. Liv will eat this so it's fine, she would have definitely liked the fruit bars better though. Retails for: $1.89


Add ons:
I love Citrus Lanes add to box feature because you can get items for free shipping. I hate paying for shipping and rarely do. I got seven add ons this month because they had some awesome deals and I also had credits. I think I paid around $10 for everything. I got the Skip Hop ladybug towel since Olivia has outgrown all her baby towels (sad) and she really needed this, it's the perfect size for her. I also got some Julius stroller cards which I thought were adorable, perfect for when we go for walks or eat at a restaurant. I picked two little stroller toys, you pull them down and they vibrate and go back up, Liv is a bit old for these so I will probably gift them. The other two items are missing, which are Eric Carle stroller cards and a Hape watering can. I actually got the watering can today and I heard the stroller cards were back ordered so I'm just waiting on those.
 

This months box was just okay. I think this is my least favorite box so far, the food pouch and mini van were a little too young and I'm not crazy about the body wash. The total value of this box is about $35. I got a six month subscription and with coupons, I paid about $15 per month. It's still worth it even though I didn't love everything. If I paid the full price of $29 per month, I would be disappointed this month. However, something I really love about Citrus Lane is that they offer discounts all the time, I have yet to pay full price for a box or shop item. If you're interested in getting a Citrus Lane subscription for your child, you can use my referral link to get 50% off your first box - Melissa's CL referral. It's a subscription so make sure you cancel after your receive your boxes or you will be charged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment