Friday, August 8, 2014

e.l.f Beauty Bundle review - August 2014

My last bundle came in the mail a few days ago. There are a few different options for the e.l.f beauty bundle. You can order a monthly subscription (you get a box every month, pay every month and you can cancel anytime). Then there is a 1 year gift or 1/2 year gift. I ordered the 1/2 year gift package, you get three boxes (one every other month) and you don't have to subscribe for a monthly box so you also don't get charged again because you pay up front for all three boxes. The only downside with this box is that you have to pay for shipping, a lot of other subscription boxes include the shipping. I really love this one because the boxes are always packed full!

e.l.f Beauty Bundle for August - 10 Beautiful Years!

Baked eyeshadow palette - Texas : This is my favorite item in the box. Eyeshadow is what I use most often and I love all the colors (gold, grey & pink shades) on this palette. I can't wait to try some of these! Retails for: $10

Glitter primer: I've never used primer for my eyes before, apparently this helps glitter eyeshadow stay on longer and it's crease proof. It's also supposed to help the eyeshadow go on smoother. Interesting, I will definitely be trying this. Retails for: $2

Natural lash kit: I have pretty long eyelashes already, plus mascara makes them even longer. I don't think I'll be using these, I have never been a fan of them. Oh and they always remind me of a scene from a movie (forgot which one) where a couple is out to dinner and the girl has a fake eyelash stuck to her cheek, no thanks! Retails for: $1

Moisturizing lipstick - Party in the buff: I tried this on and I really like it. It's moisturizing and the color is subtle, which I love. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick but I'll be using this on occasion. Retails for: $3

Contouring blush & bronzing cream: Okay, I have no idea how to use this. Maybe I need to spend some time watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. Wish me luck. Retails for: $3

Mineral booster - Sheer (large): Another product that I don't have much experience with. I'm not sure if I'll be using this, writing this review makes me realize that I'm pretty bad at being a girl. Retails for: $8

Mineral infused face primer - Clear: I feel like I got a face primer in my first box. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same though. I haven't used that one yet so who knows when I will use this one. Retails for: $6

3 in 1 - Base, top & strengthener: Awesome, something I am familiar with.. finally! This will be put to good use and it's perfect timing because I just ran out of the top coat I normally use. Whenever I don't have time to paint my nails, I just quickly put on a clear coat so this is perfect. I love that it will help strengthen my nails too, that's a huge plus! Retails for: $2

Kabuki face brush: I've been wanting a brush like this so I was excited to see it in the box. It's antibacterial and can be used with wet or dry products. I can't wait to try this out! Retails for: $6
 
I know this is hardly a review, I just wanted to share everything that came in my August box. Seriously though, YouTube makeup tutorials is going to be my homework for tonight. The total retail value of the box came out to $41 and it cost about $26 per box including shipping. I think It's a good deal, you can also find e.l.f products at Target and everything is pretty inexpensive. I liked the box this month but I'm also glad that it's my last one. I don't wear makeup enough to purchase another subscription but I like most of what I got and I know it's going to last me a pretty long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment