Thursday, July 17, 2014

Citrus Lane review - July 2014

Olivia's Citrus Lane box came in the mail today. Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box for babies/toddlers. You pay a certain price per month depending on how long you want to subscribe (it’s cheaper for the longer subscriptions). Every month you receive four to five items for your child and sometimes something for you as well. The boxes are age and gender appropriate (or you can pick neutral). This box is for a 17 month old girl.

 Everything Olivia got in her July Citrus Lane box.

Plan Toys - my first camera: I knew we were getting this because it's the item we got to pick this month. We got two choices from Plan Toys, either a camera or a phone. I picked the camera because Liv already has four or five toy phones. This looks kind of boring but it's actually pretty cute, it's a wooden camera/kaleidoscope. Olivia has no idea how to use it right now, she actually thinks it's a phone and she keeps putting it up to her ear. I'm sure she will figure it out in a few months and when she's older she will probably love the kaleidoscope. It's pretty sturdy as well. Retails for: $15.00


Peachy aqueduck faucet extender: This is pretty cool, it's for two years plus so I will probably store it away until potty training starts. I don't mind though, I rather get things I can save for later than get something that is too young for her and we will never use (like last month). Anyway, I think it will be easy to teach Liv to wash her hands using this and a step stool of course. Retails for: $12.99


Oogaa silicone placemat: I was hoping we would get this! It will be great to bring to restaurants because it's silicone and stays in place as opposed to a paper placemat that Olivia likes to just rip apart. The description also says you can color on it with washable markers so that's cool. I might also use this at home sometimes since it fits on her highchair tray. It's got cute little purple animals all over it, so adorable and I'm glad I finally have a placemat for her! Retails for: $8.99


Pur-Lisse pur-protect SPF 30 sunscreen .5 oz: I cringed when I saw this on the spoilers page because I thought it was another lotion that I don't need. It's actually sunscreen which I really do need right now, too bad it's so tiny. It will only last me one or maybe two beach trips. Retails for: $10.00 (I could only find 1.7oz and they were around $16 so this is just an estimate.) That's a little crazy to me, I would never pay that much for such a tiny tube of sunscreen.

Plum Organics mighty 4 pouch: Eh. I'm getting pretty tired of all the food pouches lately. Obviously she will eat it but we don't really need these and they are not much fun. Ah well, at least it's a toddler pouch as opposed to stage 2 again. I'm glad this one has 80cals, we are still trying to fatten Liv up! Retails for: $1.99


This months box was just okay again, definitely better than last month though. The total value of this box is about $49. This has been the best box as far as value that I've gotten up to this point (I think). Although the value is great, I don't really love this box. I got a six month subscription and with coupons, I paid about $15 per month and all the items will be used so it's still worth it to me ..for now. I don't think I will ever cave and pay the full $29 per month, it just doesn't seem practical. If you're interested in getting a Citrus Lane subscription for your child, you can use my referral link to get 50% off your first box - Melissa's CL referral. It's a subscription so make sure you cancel after your receive your box or you will be charged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment