Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Surviving Momhood box review

The Surviving Momhood box is a new subscription box service for moms, it's $30 a month or a bit cheaper if you subscribe for more than one month at a time. They have different age ranges for your child and I believe it goes up to 13 years old. I picked the under 2 age range of course, most of the items are for mom but there a few for your kid/s. They sent me a box to review, so here it is..


Here is everything that came in the review box.

Orange polka dot socks - Okay these are super bright, not the cutest socks but they are pretty soft. I can't imagine wearing these anytime soon because it's been so hot out but I will wear them in the winter just around the house.

Spa Day air freshener packet - This smells pretty strong, not a bad smell though.. just strong. On the back of the package it says that it can be used in bath rooms, vacuum bags, trash cans, closets, automobiles and gift baskets. I may put it under the seat in my car and see how I like it.

EOS lip balm - I was pretty excited to get this until I realized it wasn't packaged, kinda bummed because I don't think I'll be using it. *Surviving Momhood reached out to let me know that the EOS has never been opened and is new, they were not in a package because they were sent in bulk from EOS. They even offered to send me a new one in a package but I didn't think it was necessary.

Beech Nut applesauce - This is a pretty small jar and it's only stage 1 but Olivia will still eat it.

Better Homes candle - This is another very strong smelling item. As soon as I opened the box this was all I could smell. The scent is wooded mountain trails and it's pretty accurate. I don't use candles too much because I'm paranoid that I'll forget to blow them out but I'll probably use it eventually.

Animal wall decals - These decals are really cute but they don't exactly go with the theme in Liv's room, I may save them for the next baby though. ;)

Jolee's Boutique stickers - Stickers for scrapbooking (I think). I am not sure what I will use these for because I am not into scrapbooking but maybe I can find another use for them. Any ideas?

Spork - I have no idea what company makes this, it's just a blue plastic spork and it wasn't in a package. I have been trying to teach Olivia to eat with a spoon and fork more lately so this may actually come in handy.

Mini green loofah - I buy loofahs all the time because I don't use bar soap. It's a little strange to me that it didn't even have a tag on it though.

La Dolce Vita: Whipped body frosting (exotic coconut) 1.6oz - This smells amazing! I love anything that smells like coconut, it reminds me of being on vacation somewhere tropical. I have no idea what "body frosting" is so I'm going to assume that it's lotion.

OPI Avojuice skin quencher (violet orchid) 1oz - Another lotion, this one also smells really good. Both of the lotions are pretty small but they will be good for travel.

Sample and miscellaneous items - Small round gems (the kind you put in a vase but there was only 9 so I'm not sure what I'll do with them), Dream zone sign (very tiny), Extra spearmint gum, Emergen-C (I always use this stuff), Organic peppermint tea, Crystal Light packet, Vactive soft chews, Vanilla roast almonds.

Okay, so first off I want to just say that I really love this idea. As a mom, I often forget to take care of myself because I'm so busy catering to Olivia's needs. However, I'm not super impressed with this box. Instead of all the little samples, I would have liked to see maybe 4-5 higher quality items. Possibly some bubble bath, nail polish, foot scrub, hair ties, maybe even some cute slippers to wear around the house. This is just my opinion of course, not everyone would love what I'm suggesting but my neck, back and feet are constantly hurting and I'm always losing hair ties (keeping my hair up is essential around Liv). I think the Crystal light and Emergen-C packets are great but would have loved 3-4 of them. Things like that are really good for when I'm in a rush. Also, any snacks I can just grab and go are good too. I don't think I will be buying a subscription right now but I will be checking back and looking at spoilers to see if it's something I'll be interested in later on. I really appreciate them sending me a review box and their customer service has been excellent. I'm sure it's hard starting a brand new subscription box and I hope to see them do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment