Monday, September 29, 2014

September favorites

Another month has gone by (very quickly) and since tomorrow is my birthday, I decided to post my September favorites today!

Mommy & baby favorites for September.

Heartbeat necklace - I got this necklace from one of those discount sites (either Zulily or Plum district, I cant remember which one). Obviously I thought it was perfect since I have a  little heart baby toddler. I wear it all the time and I love it, the heart on the side is my favorite part. When Liv is older, I plan on getting one for her too.

Vtech Safe & Sound video & audio monitor - The video monitor we had previously ended up breaking after 5 or 6 months and I hated not having one. Olivia gets her legs stuck in the crib slats sometimes so it makes me feel so much better being able to see her on the monitor. Also, the paranoid heart mommy in me always wants to make sure she is breathing okay. I didn't think video monitors were really necessary at first but now I don't want to be without one, I love it! I like this one better than our last one because the screen is portable. There's also a zoom feature and it doesn't pick up much background noise. We can press a button and talk to Liv through the monitor but I haven't tried that yet because I think she will want me to get her out of the crib if she hears my voice. This was one of the less pricey monitors but I'm happy with it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3: Kids edition - Okay, I just got this and I already have a love/hate relationship with it. I can't really use it for what I intended. I was hoping it would be sort of like a mini laptop that I could use for email and blogging but it's very difficult to type on (even with a Bluetooth keyboard). It's also pretty small, I wish I picked one with a bigger screen. On the other hand, it's potentially a great tablet for Liv. It's kid friendly, actually it's a kids tablet. In parent mode it can do everything a normal tablet can, I figured it would be perfect to share with her. It says for ages 3 and up but she plays games on my phone so I'm sure she will be able to figure it out. I've been playing around with it and there seems to be some cute apps for kids, I'm still not 100% sold though. I don't know if I should keep this or return it and just get a laptop. I'm very indecisive when it comes to big purchases, I'm going to let Liv play with it and then I'll decide.
*My decision: Retractment of a favorite.

Booboo buddies stuffed animal - Booboo buddies is such a great idea! They take gently used stuffed animals that have been donated and they stitch on a zipper (wherever your childs scar is). Olivia's is on the side of course (from her thoracotomy heart surgery). They also stitch on a cute little heart with a bandage over it. All children with heart defects get a Booboo buddy for free (you just have to pay for the shipping). I got this for Liv's heart surgery anniversary (February 27th) so I will be giving it to her then, I'm sure she will love it. If you want to find out more about Booboo buddies, they have a Facebook page you can check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment