Sunday, March 9, 2014

A little background & what to expect

So.. my name is Melissa, I'm 28 (holding onto my 20's for dear life) I'm married and I have a 13 month old daughter named Olivia (hence the title of this blog). The boring stuff is out of the way now.. that felt kinda like a game show introduction. I also want to say, don't take me too seriously and definitely don't expect my grammar and punctuation to be on point; this is my blog, not a term paper. I decided to start this blog for a few reasons...

1.) I need to get some of these thoughts out of my head so I can possibly sleep at night instead of rambling on and on to myself.
2.) Once my daughter was born, my whole world turned upside down and not in the normal "having a newborn that cries in the middle of the night and poops on you" kind of way because I was prepared for that. I wasn't prepared for what happened to me and my family.. more about that later, it deserves it's own ridiculously long post.
3.) I need a hobby.. seriously.

To give you somewhat of an idea, here's a few starter topics I will be blogging about..
1.) My daughter and her journey.
2.) Our crazy everyday life. (I swear we need our own reality show.. although lots of people say that)
3.) Subscription box (latest obsession) and product reviews.
4.) Occasional venting posts. (don't worry you can skip over those)

Oh and by the way I'm very fond of using "...." which I've been told is very annoying, oops? Anyways, just wanted to write this quick introduction!

Not the greatest family picture but I think anyone with a baby can tell you that getting them to smile look at the camera is near impossible, it usually involves a lot of trickery and I just didn't have the energy that day. (typical)

No comments:

Post a Comment