Monday, August 11, 2014

Beauty Box Five review - August 2014

Beauty Box Five is a subscription box for beauty products (obviously). It's $12 a month and they send you five (duh) beauty samples. I explained on my last Beauty Box Five review that I had signed up for the free box and they charged me the $12 anyway, well apparently I didn't cancel fast enough because that $12 charge was for this month. So I ended up with this box which I wasn't exactly planning on getting.

Everything that came in my August Beauty Box Five box.
 
Purlisse Pur-protect SPF 30 Suncreen: I just got this moisturizer/sunscreen in Liv's July Citrus Lane box. I haven't even tried it yet because I always forget to put sunscreen on myself. I know we will be going to the pool sometime this week so I will have to remember to use this! It's pretty expensive too.. for 1.7oz, it retails for $55! It must be some seriously good stuff. Retails for $10.00
 
La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes: I've been using makeup remover wipes a lot more lately. However, I don't really like how these smell, they have a flowery scent to them but it's a little too strong. I'm sure I will still use them though. Retails for $1 (maybe less)
 
Nanacoco Lip Gloss - Lovely: Okay, this is really bright pink! I put this on and laughed a little, maybe it's because I rarely wear makeup but I slightly resembled a clown. My husband said that I looked like I had eaten strawberries. I feel like this color would be perfect for a much younger girl, I don't think I could pull it off though. Retails for $3.99
 
Novex Brazilian Keratin: I'm really excited to try this! I used to use Keratin all the time and it worked wonders for my hair. I've mentioned before how my hair gets pretty damaged/dry from the flat iron so I'll be using this soon, glad I got this in my box. Retails for $1 (maybe less)
 
Style Essentials Nail Polish: Another really bright product! This nail polish is pretty cute, it's a sea green-ish sort of color but I couldn't find the name of it on the bottle. I tried it on and it's perfect for summer, I don't think I would wear this in the winter though. This is probably my favorite item in the box! I love getting new nail polish colors, my collection was pretty sad before I discovered subscription boxes. Retails for $1.75 (estimate)
 
It was a bit difficult to figure out pricing for the items this month so this is just an estimate, the total value of this box is around $20 so that's a pretty good deal. I like this box and I enjoy the samples but I don't think I will be continuing with the subscription. I am putting myself on a pretty strict budget and I don't need makeup or really any beauty products right now, I'm set for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment