Saturday, January 24, 2015

Citrus Lane review - January 2015

It's officially been one year since we first started getting Citrus Lane boxes and I still love it! I think it's the anticipation of wondering what we will get, it's just really fun. Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box for babies/toddlers. You pay a certain price per month depending on how long you want to subscribe (it’s cheaper for the longer subscriptions). Every month you receive four to five items for your child and sometimes something for you as well. The boxes are age and gender appropriate (or you can pick neutral). This box is for a 23 month old girl.

Everything Olivia got in her January Citrus Lane box.
 
Petit Collage Beginner Puzzle Set - Pets: This puzzle is adorable! I really love this brand too, all the stuff they make is so cute. These little puzzles are great because they each have a different amount of pieces (3, 4, 5 & 6) so Olivia can start with the easiest and then move on to the next when she's ready. I'm glad we got the pets version because she's slightly obsessed with cats and bunnies. I'm not quite sure if she will be able to figure these out yet so I am going to save them for Easter. I love getting stuff like this because I rarely have to buy presents now, it makes life a little easier. Retails for: $14
 
 
JJ Rabbit Cuppie: Hmm, not sure if Liv is ready for an open cup yet. Judging from the way she drinks from her straw cup (she hurls it around and turns it upside down), I might hold off on this. My plan is to give this to her in the Spring when she is playing outside, at least if when she spills it everywhere it wont matter. She needs practice and outside seems much easier to me. Anyway, the cup is pretty sturdy and I think it will hold up well. There is also a cute little rabbit inside of it, I'm not sure if this will help her drink faster to see the rabbit or if she will decide to just dump out her drink to see it. Retails for: $8.99
 
 
Eco-Kids Eco-Dough: Olivia is not a fan of play-doh and she doesn't seem to be much of a fan of this stuff either. It's great that it's made from natural ingredients and is safe for her to play with. Although, I still wouldn't want her to eat it (obviously). When I first let her hold it, she put it up to her lips and said "mmm", so I had to let her know that it was not food. After that, she wasn't interested. She did have fun taking off the lid and putting it back on (ten times) though. It has sort of a weird smell to it but it still doesn't smell as bad as play-doh. Retails for: $8 (estimate.)
 
B4 Products To Go Hand Sanitizer Packs: I can't believe this actually counts as an item. This is just a sample pack of hand sanitizer. I guess it's because the other three items cost a bit more. Oh well, I'm sure I'll use these at some point. I will say that It's pretty awesome that this company gives 50% of their profits to children-focused causes. Retails for: < $1
 
 
I didn't really love this box but it's not bad, the puzzle is my favorite and the cup may come in handy soon. The total value is about $32, not a great value this month. Luckily I got a six moth subscription (running out next month) and with coupons, I paid about $15 per month so I'm happy with it for that price. Although I have to say that I really miss all the coupons and deals that Citrus Lane used to have, they haven't been doing that as much and I'm bummed about it. Anyway, If you're interested in getting a Citrus Lane subscription for your child, you can use my referral link to get 50% off your first box - Melissa's CL referral. It's a subscription so make sure you cancel after your receive your boxes or you will be charged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment