Monday, January 19, 2015

RSV update

Olivia is doing better, we got to leave the hospital on Friday evening. We didn't know if we would be staying another night so Paul went home to grab some stuff we needed but while he was gone they said we could go home. I had to pack up everything by myself and she was sleeping so I had to wake her up (always a bad decision). Carrying her plus all of our bags was a struggle, I seriously felt like my arms were going to fall off. Olivia got to pick a toy from the toy closet before we left, the nurse showed her a doll and asked her if she wanted it and of course she shook her head no. She ended up getting a little wooden peek-a-boo toy. The doctor wanted me to bring her in on Saturday morning to see how she was doing but she didn't make much improvement overnight. Her breathing is a little better now but she still has an awful cough. Her mood is much better though and her appetite is almost completely back to normal, it seems like she is on the road to recovery. It was a crazy weekend but we are slowly getting back into our routine, which is how I like it.

 She wouldn't touch the hospital food, she only ate snacks while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment