Friday, April 11, 2014

e.l.f Beauty Bundle review - April 2014

I heard about this bundle a while ago but like I said in a previous post, I don't wear much makeup. Last week I was talking about it with my mom and she said my makeup was old and needed to be thrown away (I never run out because I don't use it much). She was right, it was a few years old (really bad, I know) but I told her about the makeup bundle I wanted and how I couldn't afford it right now so her and my dad bought it for me (so sweet and I'm very thankful!) There are a few different options, you can order a monthly subscription, you get a box every month, pay every month and you can cancel anytime. Then there is a 1 year gift or 1/2 year gift, I ordered the 1/2 year gift package, you get three boxes (every other month) and you don't have to subscribe for a monthly box so you also don't get charged again because you pay up front for all three boxes. The box came only a few days after ordering, I was surprised. When I opened the box I saw a cute makeup bag, I already loved it. I started taking things out and I was shocked at all the products I got! Pretty much everything I needed (and didn't need).

Here is everything I got. By the way, thanks for the compliment e.l.f ;)
This months bundle was called "Naturally Beautiful".

6-Piece Geometric Eye Shadow Palette: When I say I only wear makeup sometimes, I really do mean sometimes and I don't even mean makeup, I mean eye makeup. This was definitely at the top of my list for favorite item in the box. I love the colors, there are browns, tans & golds. Perfect for me. Retails for: $3

Eyeshadow Primer: Honestly, I have never used an eyeshadow primer before, not sure if I'll be keeping this or not but maybe it's worth a try. How necessary is eyeshadow primer? Retails for: $3

Mineral Eye Liner: Another product I use all the time, so glad this is black because that's the only color eye liner I've ever used and ever will use. A definite keeper. Retails for: $3

Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara: Again, something I've never used. I had to read the box to see when I should even put it on, apparently it goes on after mascara and on your eyebrows to shape them. Excited to try this and see if it makes any difference. Retails for: $1

Natural Volumizing Mascara: Mascara is something I use all the time, I read the other day that you're supposed to throw away your mascara after three months.. THREE MONTHS?! oops.. (two years later) No wonder my contacts are always ruined after I wear it. I just threw my old one away and I'm glad this one is black too because that's all I wear as far as mascara goes. Retails for: $5

Mineral Lipstick: Eh.. probably my least favorite thing, I hate wearing lipstick. Honestly, I just don't like it. I like to eat/drink a lot and it just never stays on or it gets smudged and then I look ridiculous. I'm sure you're all laughing at me at this point but that's okay. Another reason, I always wear my hair down and then my lips become a magnet for my hair... uhm so anyway, interesting color (natural nymph) but I'm not sure if I'll keep it, I probably should. Retails for: $5

Mineral Infused face primer: I can honestly say that I've only worn primer and foundation twice, the first time was for my sisters wedding and the second time was for my own wedding. That's only because I paid a professional to do my makeup. I don't think I'll be using this but.. maybe. Retails for: $6

Eye Shadow Brush: I usually just put on eyeshadow with my finger but maybe this will work better, I'll give it a try! Retails for: $1

Lotion Wipes: I LOVE THESE! They smell so good, they are cucumber & melon scented which is pretty much my favorite. I never used to use makeup removing wipes, I would just use face wash but I like using both now and these are awesome because they smell so good and make my face feel clean & fresh. Retails for: $3

22-Piece Mini on the go Palette: This item is my absolute favorite! Look at all the cool compartments it has, I'm amazed that they fit all this stuff in this little box. It has an eye shadow palette with a mini eye shadow brush, lip gloss palette with a mini lip gloss brush, a blush palette with a blush brush and a mini mascara. I never usually bring makeup with me when I go out but now I can bring this cause it's nice and compact, there is also a little mirror. Retails for: $10


That was probably painful for makeup lovers to read. Sorry! Maybe having all this new stuff will inspire me to wear more makeup, then again.. who's going to see me? Olivia? I have a feeling that she couldn't care less. It also came with a makeup bag that has a drawstring but I'm not sure what the retail value for that is. The box exceeded what I (well.. my parents) paid for it. The total retail value of the box came out to $40 and it cost about $26 per box, including shipping which was not free. You can also find e.l.f products at Target and everything is pretty inexpensive so if I really love something, I can just pick it up there. Interested to see what the next two boxes are like. I'm thinking one box is probably enough to last me a whole year so there may be some giveaways coming up soon, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment