Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Julep review

I got an e-mail a few weeks ago about Julep and it said I could get my first box for free. Free? I'll take it! Julep is a monthly subscription box for nail polish and other beauty products. It's $20 a month but I got the first box for the price of shipping ($4.99) I took a style quiz and they said I was an "It girl" but I didn't like the colors for that box so I switched to "Boho Glam" and this is what I ended up with..


Michelle-Boho Glam: Midnight, inky blue nail polish, Stevie-Boho Glam: Concrete gray frost nail polish, Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, a few coupons and a few nail buffers (I think?)

Ignore my terrible paint job, I did it in about five minutes.

I really love the nail polish colors, they are not as dark as they look in the first picture. They also went on pretty smooth, it only took one coat for the blue and two for the gray. The nail polish retails for around $14, a bit high in my opinion but it's a good quality product. The cuticle serum retails for $28, I will definitely be trying it but would have never paid that much, this box definitely exceeds the $20 a month people pay for it. I just cant justify spending $20 a month on nail polish so I ended up cancelling my subscription. I don't really wear nail polish that often or makeup for that matter, I guess I'm just not girly enough for this box to be worth the money. I know a lot of people who love it though! I'm pretty sure you can still get your first box for free, just use the code "FREEBOX" when checking out and don't forget to cancel if you don't want to be charged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment