Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ear infection, pink eye, fever..

On Monday night, Olivia was absolutely miserable. She was coughing, her nose was running, her eyes were red and her breathing was labored. I had to call out of work on Tuesday and bring her to the doctor, she has an ear infection and pink eye. She was really cranky when we got home from the doctor so I put her down for a nap, she woke up in an even worse mood. I took her temperature and it was 101.4, it's always alarming to me when she has a fever. I gave her Tylenol and it went down but a few hours later, it was up again. All she wanted to do was lay on me or sit on the couch and watch TV, I let her because she just looked so sad. She started an antibiotic on Tuesday afternoon but it took almost an entire day to help. She barely wanted to eat or drink anything and I could understand why but at the same time, the doctor said how important it was to push fluids and I was getting nervous. I didn't want her to end up back in the hospital because she was dehydrated. I had to give her some water in a syringe because she didn't want anything to do with it. I am happy to report that she is finally feeling better, she's still not 100% but her appetite is coming back and she was even playing with her toys today. Although, last night she woke up and had a coughing fit for almost an hour, I hope that doesn't happen again tonight. Ever since she started daycare, I feel like she is constantly sick and so am I. It's a bummer but we really don't have much of a choice. I had to miss two ten hour days of work, which means I will be losing a good chunk of my paycheck next week. It stresses me out a little but there is really nothing I can do, Olivia comes first and making sure she is healthy will always be my priority. During all the craziness, I was making dinner last night and dropped boiling sauce on my thumb. It hurt so bad, I wanted to cry. I ran it under cold water for twenty minutes but it was still throbbing. I put some Neosporin on it but that only helped for a few minutes. This morning when I woke up, there was a huge water blister on my thumb. It looks really gross but from what I've read online, I'm not supposed to pop it. I've been trying my best to keep in clean, tomorrow will be a challenge at work but I'm planning on putting a bandage on it. I definitely feel like things haven't been going well lately but I'm trying my best to remain calm and positive that it will all turn around soon.

She's still adorable even though she's sick and miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment