Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cooped up

Things haven't gotten much better with Olivia, she still has a runny nose and cough. She's been super picky with food but she has done a little better (barely) the last few days. I actually called the doctor again because she gets me so worried. She was being lethargic all day, she just wanted to lay down and she didn't seem herself. He told me the symptoms could last another week but as long as her breathing is normal and she doesn't have a fever then she is okay. He also said that if she was still not feeling well by Tuesday then I should bring her in again so he could check her just to make sure everything is okay. I talked to him for a good fifteen minutes about her heart and my concerns. One of the holes (I can't remember which one) is now restrictive (that's a good thing) so it's not even an issue anymore. The other hole is pretty small and it would be unlikely that it could cause an issue, if it did then it would be over a period of months (not days). I felt a little better after talking to him but I haven't been in the best mood lately. I don't even really know why, maybe because Olivia has been sick. Seeing her sad makes me sad, especially today when she wasn't acting herself. I'm also still a little sick myself, it seems like this cold will never go away. It's been two weeks and yet I still feel sluggish, all I want to do is sleep to be honest. I think if I could just get two or three nights of good sleep, I would feel so much better. We've been cooped up in the house for almost a week now and it's driving me crazy, I want to get Liv out and about but I'm worried it will just prolong her being sick. I don't want to bring her around other kids and have her spreading her germs either. I was thinking that we could go to the store or library tomorrow but its supposed to snow tonight so if it does, I am definitely not leaving the house. I don't do well driving in the snow but maybe we could play outside, last year she wasn't too impressed with snow but now that she's a bit older she might actually enjoy it. Here's to hoping Liv wakes up tomorrow feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment